We are accepting applications for a part-time Children’s Ministry Director. This paid position will work with children, parents, volunteers and church staff to plan and implement ministry for children (infants through sixth grade) and their families. The work schedule will include Sunday mornings/evenings and Wednesday evenings.
Applications can be mailed to First United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 371, Pascagoula MS 39568 or sent to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through August 17, 2017.
For additional information, please call 228-762-5222.
Job Description: Children’s Ministries Director
To facilitate a process of discipleship for children ranging from cradle to finishing primary education.
Primary Job Functions:
Create and facilitate designed programming such as Sunday School, VBS, Wednesday Night Ministries, Kids Own Worship, Acolytes, Nursery Needs and Special Events such as Easter Egg Hunt.
- Oversee selection and implementation of curriculum, with a healthy understanding of how the curriculum makes disciples, and how one year connects to the next.
- Develop Spring, Summer and Fall calendars through collaborative team leadership, or “Children’s Council”, made up of a cross section of parents and interested laity. Creatively make calendar accessible to those interested.
- Facilitate growing opportunities for Service by actively recruiting, training, praying for, and involving new CM volunteers to develop and execute the program calendar.
- Develop a Children’s Ministries budget of general and fund raised dollars, have budget approved by Finance Committee, and ensure proper oversight of said budget through controls such as a credit card log and personal record keeping.
- Maintain a healthy Web presence.
- Have a growing personal discipleship evidenced by attitudes and behaviors.
- Maintain a professional level of competency in appearance, work ethic and administration, particularly in the area of keeping staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
- Keep the facility space connected to your ministry tidy and organized.
- Take steps to maintain high moral, and ethical quality of leadership, and safety of children through screening volunteers and leaders.
- Council on Ministries, for making CM fit into the vision of the overarching mission of Pascagoula First UMC
- Staff Pastor Parish Committee, for biannual evaluation, continuing education, self care, and parish relational needs.
- Senior Pastor direct supervision.
Download Employment Application here. <<<<<<<<<<