WANTED: Praise & Worship Leader (Contemporary)
We are accepting applications for a Praise & Worship leader to help launch a new contemporary worship service at our church. This paid position will work with volunteers and church staff to plan and implement a music ministry, by forming a band or working with already known musicians. Please see job description below.
Applications can be mailed to First United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 371, Pascagoula MS 39568 or sent to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through August 17, 2017.
For additional information, please call 228-762-5222.
Job Description: Contemporary Worship Leader
Purpose: To facilitate Christian worship through music for a modern/contemporary service being launched in August 2018. The position will be responsible for planning, preparing, coordinating and executing all aspects of music for the new service.
Primary Job Functions:
-Directing a praise band including conducting rehearsals, coordinating musicians and singers (paid and volunteer) for each week, and recruiting musicians and singers as needed.
-Selecting songs for Sunday morning worship, coordinating with the pastor and church office where necessary.
-Prepare slides using ProPresenter, or delegate this task to a volunteer while knowing you are responsible for it’s execution.
-Lead the congregation verbally (greetings, prayers, transitions) to help those who’ve gathered connect with God through the praise of worship.
-Arrange for a qualified alternative leader when away.
- Strong lead singing voice.
- The ability to play guitar and/or keyboard.
- Have a strong grasp of the top 40 praise songs of the past two decades, and the ability to learn them if not already known
- Good communication skills and a desire to engage a congregation in worship.
- Skills in organizing a team, such as interpersonal relationships and administrative abilities.
- Have a growing personal discipleship evidenced by attitudes and behaviors and a desire to see discipleship in the lives of others.
-Staff Parish Relations Committee, for bi-annual evaluation, continuing
education, self care, and parish relational needs.
-Senior Pastor for direct supervision.
This is a part-time, year round position. A successful background check will be a required condition of employment.
Interested candidates contact our office manager, Karen Joplin, by email or phone. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org